Marty is a nationally recognized securities, finance, and fintech attorney. He has over 20 year experience counseling and assisting clients throughout the U.S. and internationally on various forms of structured finance, private and public securities offerings, crowdfunding, digital assets, coin offerings and token sales, SEC reporting, real estate financings, fund formation and compliance, business formation, and corporate governance.
Since 2009, Marty has been active in advising clients in crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending space, with a particular focus on the JOBS Act and exempt offerings under Regulation D, Regulation CF and Regulation A. He also advises a number of public companies and assists in reporting requirements and compliance.
Marty has structured the formation of over 100 domestic and offshore funds in various structures and has advised investment managers and advisors on state and SEC compliance issues associated with the management of such funds.
HONORS & EDUCATION
- J.D., University of Georgia, 1999, Morris B. Abrahms Scholar
- B.A. Political Science and Spanish with honors, University of Utah, 1996
HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
- Bridgetower Capital- General Counsel
- Carman Lehnhof Israelsen, LLP, Partner
- Harbor Capital, General Counsel
- Sentry Financial, Corporate Counsel
- Private and Public Finance
- Digital Assets
- Fund Formation and Management
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Startup Practice
- Business Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- SEC Reporting