Brian C. Kunzler
Partner & Founder
Expertise: Intellectual Property, Licensing, Patent Litigation
Licenses: Utah State and Federal Courts, USPTO
Education: J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University
firstname.lastname@example.org | (801) 994-4646
Brian C. Kunzler is the founder of Kunzler, PC, now Kunzler Bean & Adamson. He has a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minor in computer science from Utah State University. He received his law degree with honors from Brigham Young University, and has practiced law since 1994. Brian has extensive expertise acquiring, licensing, and enforcing patents in the fields of electrical devices and electronics, computers and computer software, medical arts, hydrocarbon engines, and mechanical devices.
Brian has prepared patent applications for numerous Fortune 500 companies, emerging software and Internet companies, as well as individuals and start-up ventures. He also has extensive experience in and regularly counsels clients in the areas of trademarks, copyrights, computer law, licensing, trade secrets, and intellectual property litigation and litigation avoidance.
Brian currently represents clients including IBM Corporation, Motorola, Lenovo, local universities, software and Internet companies, as well as many other companies and individuals located in Utah and throughout the country.
Brian has been admitted to practice before the state and federal courts in Utah, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the Utah State Bar Intellectual Property Section. He is conversant in Mandarin Chinese. He is active in community affairs and frequently lectures on intellectual property law topics to practitioners and business groups.
HONORS & EDUCATION
- BS, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Utah State University
- JD cum laude, J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University
HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
- Electrical devices and electronics
- Computers and computer software
- Medical arts
- Hydrocarbon engines
- Mechanical devices
ADMISSIONS & PRACTICE
- State and Federal Courts in Utah
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Member of American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Utah State Bar Intellectual Property Section
LECTURES & PUBLICATIONS
- Frequently lectures on intellectual property law topics to practitioners and business groups
LANGUAGES & INTERESTS
- Mandarin Chinese