Expertise: Corporate and Business Law
Education: J. Reuben Clark School of Law at Brigham Young University
firstname.lastname@example.org | (801) 939-3680
David Heywood is an attorney with expertise in guiding emerging growth companies and venture-backed startup companies through a wide range of matters, including formation, venture capital financings, licensing, debt transactions, service agreements, providing equity to key employees, and mergers and acquisitions.
David joined KB&A as a law clerk while attending the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University, where he graduated magna cum laude. David also earned an MBA from the Marriott School of Management, finishing in the top 10% of his class. While in law school, David served as a Lead Note and Comment Editor of the BYU Law Review. He earned an undergraduate degree in accounting from Brigham Young University, graduating cum laude with University Honors.
Prior to his career in law, David worked as an analyst in the transaction advisory services team at Ernst & Young, where he obtained a designation as a certified public accountant.
In his spare time, David enjoys spending time in the outdoors with his family.
HONORS & EDUCATION
- BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, cum laude, University Honors
- MBA, Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University, top 10% in class
- JD, J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University
HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
- Ernst & Young, CPA, Transaction Advisory Services Team
LECTURES & PUBLICATIONS
- Lead Note and Comment Editor of the BYU Law Review, 2014-2015
- NEPA and Indirect Effects of Foreign Activity: Limiting Principles from the Presumption Against Extraterritoriality and Transnational Lawmaking, 2013 BYU L. Rev. 691 (2014)