Expertise: Emerging Growth Companies, Venture Capital, Private Corporate Finance & M&A
Education: University of Utah (Law School); Brigham Young University (Bachelor of Science)
email@example.com | (801) 939-3683
James Platt is a partner in the corporate and venture capital group at Kunzler Bean & Adamson focusing on emerging growth companies. He serves as an outside legal advisor to many technology and services companies, assisting to strategize, coordinate and manage a broad spectrum of legal needs, including equity and debt financing, capitalization, governance, compliance, licensing, commercial contracting, strategic M&A and other transactional matters.
James earned his law degree from the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College Of Law. During law school he served as an associate at the University Growth Fund, one of the largest student-run venture capital firms in the nation investing across a variety of deal stages and industries. Prior to law school, James earned his B.S. degree in Exercise Science with a minor in Business Management from Brigham Young University. Also, during his undergraduate studies, James was a member of the Dixie State and BYU collegiate baseball teams and he pitched Dixie to its first National Championship as the winning pitcher of the final game of the 2004 Junior College World Series.
James enjoys fishing, table tennis, longboarding and following collegiate sports.
HONORS & EDUCATION
- JD, S.J. Quinney College Of Law at the University of Utah
- BS, Exercise Science with Business Management minor, Brigham Young University
- CALI Award Recipient: New Ventures Course
- Represented emerging growth companies and venture capital, angel, and other investors in more than 100 private financing transactions (equity and debt)
- Represented dozens of companies as an outside business and transactional resource, coordinating and managing general corporate legal needs
- Represented private companies in sell-side and buy-side acquisitions as well as spin-off transactions
- Represented private equity and debt funds in financing and other portfolio transactions
- Represented dozens of private companies as an outside “General Counsel” from formation through various growth milestones and ultimately exits.