Expertise: Commercial Litigation, Employment Law & Regulatory Defense, Catastrophic Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
Licenses: Utah & California
Education: Cornell Law School
email@example.com | | (619) 365-9110
Jeremy Adamson is the founding partner of Kunzler Bean & Adamson’s litigation group and works from the firm’s Salt Lake City and La Jolla offices. Jeremy represents clients in a wide variety of disputes, beginning in the earliest stages and proceeding through trial. He has significant experience in protecting his clients’ interests in commercial disputes, which often include claims of breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, shareholder rights claims, and breach of contract.
Jeremy also devotes a significant portion of his practice to helping his clients navigate employment related disputes, intellectual property and trade secret disputes and in government regulatory actions.
Jeremy’s experience with employment related disputes includes defending employers against class action, PAGA, and individual claims including claims of wage and hour law violations, discrimination, wrongful termination, and breaches of employment agreements. He devotes a significant portion of his practice to advising clients on how to avoid litigation by complying with both federal and state employment laws.
Jeremy regulatory experience includes defending individuals and entities against claims of violations of the Federal Trade Commission Act and the Telemarketing and Consumer Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act, and he has successfully negotiated resolutions of those claims on behalf of his clients. He also has experience defending clients against Securities and Exchange Commission claims of violations of the Securities Act.
Prior to joining KB&A, Jeremy worked as in-house counsel for a large mortgage servicing company where he managed hundreds of litigations nationwide. His experience as in-house counsel has given him a clear understanding of the challenges his clients address when faced with litigation and the steps that can be taken to reduce those difficulties. Given his experience managing litigation for a mortgage servicer, Jeremy has successfully handled a number of real estate and consumer finance related litigations including title disputes and judicial foreclosure actions.
Jeremy has been recognized multiple issues of Utah Business magazine as one of Utah’s Legal Elite in the area of civil litigation. He has also been consistently recognized as a Mountain States Super Lawyer since 2013.
HONORS & EDUCATION
- 2007, J.D., Cornell Law School – cum laude
- 2004, B.A. Brigham Young University
- 2013, Mountain States Rising Stars
- 2014-2020, Mountain States Super Lawyers
HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
- Parr Brown Gee & Loveless, PC 2011-2013
- Select Portfolio Services, 2010-2011
- Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP 2007-2010
ADMISSIONS & PRACTICE
- California & Utah Bars
- U.S. District Court-District of Utah
- U.S. District Court-Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court-Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court-Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court-Central District of California
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- All Utah State Courts
- All California State Courts
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Federal Bar Association Member
- American Bar Association Member
LECTURES & PUBLICATIONS
- Presenter, Webcast: A Game You Cannot Afford to Lose—Lessons in Information Governance, June 16, 2011
- Editorial Board, 2016 Utah Business Law for Entrepreneurs and Managers
- Faculty, Utah State Bar Litigation Section’s Trial Academy, March 22, 2018